We are looking for a vibrant individual that can join our accounting team. The individual will need to fit into our entrepreneurial culture and fast paced environment.
This position generally handles the day-to-day bookkeeping work for our clients using cloud-based software.
Education Level: Relevant Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
Qualifications: ACA, ACCA, SAIPA, AGA(SA) will be beneficial but not required
Software: Xero, Sage Accounting, Receiptbank (Dext)
Experience: Extensive experience
Job Level: Mid level
Reports to Line Manager – Accounting Services
EE Position: No
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum, non-negotiable duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee bookkeeping for multiple entities.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance including processing cashbook, supplier, and customer invoices.
- Processing of journals.
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance and keep relevant registers up to date. Finalise accounts to trail balance, including debtor and creditor reconciliation.
- Preparation of VAT for submission and payment.
- Verify intergroup transactions and balances, where required.
- Develops systems to account for financial transactions by establishing a client specific chart of accounts.
- Define client specific bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Prepare audit and independent review working papers.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Attributes:
Minimum, non-negotiable skills and attributes include but are not limited to:
- Extensive bookkeeping and accounting knowledge.
- Understanding accounting best practices.
- Data entry management skills.
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy.
- Professionalism and organisation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Act in a confidential and ethical manner.
- Proper time management skills.
- Be able to work in an high change and variety environment.
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Indevaldi’s clients’ business.
- Computer literate in the basic programmes e.g. Microsoft office suite.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
- Good communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of relevant online accounting systems.
This position will be based at Indevaldi’s offices in Paarl. Based on experience and skill the position might be a remote working position.
We value flexi-time.
Although time management and time keeping is important, we value output based measurements.
Given the nature and size of our clients, our environment is extremely fast paced and change and variety of tasks is high.
Market Related based on skill and experience (R7,000 to R20,000 per month)
Is this you?
If this is you, please send your CV to email@example.com
CV’s send to any other email will not be considered.